The QGate Configuration Manager was designed to assist with the deployment of “pre-defined” configurations for large-scale intelli-CTi for Infor CRM installations.
For an overview of the QGate Configuration Manager, what it does and why it was created, please see: QGate Configuration Manager – Usage Guide.
Download the QGate Configuration Manager:
- intelli-CTi for Infor CRM – click here
Step 1: Template machine
The first step to using the QGate Configuration Manager as part of a deployment of intelli-CTi for Infor CRM is to setup a “Template machine”. This machine will be used as the “template” configuration for all other client machines. Therefore, you will want to install and configure the QGate client application on this machine accordingly and test everything works as expected.
Preparing Template Machine for Capture
Before proceeding to the next step, you will need to remove certain “personalised” settings from the Template machine, otherwise they may be included in the roll-out to other machines.
Specifically, you will want to clear/blank out the following settings:
- Monitored telephone extension.
- Any Usernames/Passwords that you don’t wish to roll-out to all users.
Capture Template Configuration
Once configured, you will want to capture these “template” settings. To do this, you will need to use the QGate Configuration Manager.
There are two types of configuration files for intelli-CTi for Infor CRM: Machine-level (affects all users) and User-level (local to each user). The QGate Configuration Manager has two separate project files to handle both types of settings.
To capture both types of configuration from the “template” machine:
- Run the QGate Configuration Manager (using the “Show Manager.cmd” shortcut provided)
- Open the “intelli-CTi for Infor CRM – Machine Deployment.icp” project file.
- Click “Refresh Configuration Tasks” to capture the current machine-level configuration files from the current “template” machine (and confirm operation).
- Once you have refreshed/captured the machine-level configuration, please click [Save] in order to save the changes to the project file.
- Now open the “intelli-CTi for Infor CRM – User Deployment.icp” project file.
- Click “Refresh Configuration Tasks” to capture the current user-level configuration files from the current “template” machine (and confirm operation).
- Finally, click [Save] to save your changes to the project file.
NOTE: If you have any tasks showing a warning status of “File does not exist”, this could simply be because you have not configured a particular service, which means the config file does not yet exist.
Step 2: Client machines
The next step is deploying and configuring the client application to all the target machines. Whether this is done centrally using a software distribution tool or simply using batch files, the process should be the same.
Client Application Distribution
If you are installing and/or upgrading the application as part of your client distribution, you may want to use the following command in order to install the intelli-CTi for Infor CRM application silently.
To install intelli-CTi silently to default location
"intelli-CTi for Infor CRM - Client Setup.exe" /S /v"/qn"
Client Configuration Distribution
Next you will want to deploy the configuration you obtained in Step 1 to all the relevant machines. This can be achieved by batch-executing the Configuration Manager (using the project files above) on every target machine.
1) Execute Configuration Manager silently (as an Administrator) to distribute the machine-level config using the following command:
ConfigurationManager.exe "projectfile=intelli-CTi for Infor CRM - Machine Deployment.icp"
2) Execute Configuration Manager silently (as the intelli-CTi User) to distribute the user-level config using the following command:
ConfigurationManager.exe "projectfile=intelli-CTi for Infor CRM - User Deployment.icp"
Now repeat the above Client distribution steps for all target machines to complete the application roll-out.